Language Schools in Japan to Study Japanese

The short answer is, “It depends on programs.” For example, if you want to attend Japanese-language programs starting in April as an international student, you must demonstrate your proficiency by submitting a test result indicating you passed at least N2 of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), or you are required to take the Examination for Japanese University Ad

There are other options for higher education than colleges and universities in Japan. When translated into English, these non-college post-secondary schools, “senmon gakko,” cannot easily be distinguished from 2- or 4-year colleges. They offer vocation-oriented education and training such as animation and hospitality. Many of them use “technical college” in their English names.

Due to legal technicalities, schools that teach international students the Japanese language, “Nihongo gakko,” are not considered higher education institutions. If you decide to take this path, you must ensure that the school is eligible to educate international students under the degree of the Minister of Justice. Otherwise, you may not be able to obtain a residency permit for international students.

Most people who completed programs at Nihongo gakko end up attending four-year colleges. Students will be more confident in their language skills by studying Japanese in Japan before applying for colleges. They can use the time spent studying the language as the period to assess how determined they are to live and study in Japan. Nihongo gakko students can work part-time, which is a big help in alleviating the cost of living.

mission for International Students (EJU), a test to assess your Japanese language skills and basic academic proficiencies.

Many colleges and universities today offer admission options that do not ask you to prove your language proficiency. To increase the number of international students to offset the small pool of Japanese applicants, these schools provide programs in English. Unless you are from a country where the language of education is not English, you don’t need to submit proof of your English ability.

Still, learning Japanese before going to Japan is a great idea. Even if you have no problem on campus, you need some language skills to be successful in the larger community. After all, your job opportunity can hinge on your fluency in Japanese.

Posted in english, University.